A lot of customers and service providers ask what are the average prices for floor stripping and waxing services. Nationally prices average between 30 to 60 cents per sq.ft.
But in order to estimate the price a lot of additional factors have to be considered:
1) Size of the job. Usually, the bigger the job, the smaller is the price per sq ft. If you need a cleaning company so strip/wax the floor in the large building, you can expect lower prices per sq. ft. However if you are looking to strip and wax relatively small area, the prices are usually higher. Also cleaning companies have minimum prices which are in the range of $ 150 - $ 200. So even if moncler sale you need to have a floor cleaned only in one small restroom, you may be charged $ 150 - $ 200 for that. Make sure to find out what is the minimum charge before hiring commercial cleaning company.
2) Travel distance. It's preferred to hire local companies if you want to save on stripping/waxing services. The companies that are further away may moncler outlet count the travel time and fuel expenses into the final price.
3) Preparation time. moncler jackets for men germany Preparation for the job takes a lot of time and when estimating the price cleaning companies consider how much time they need in order to prepare for the job. If the floor that needs to be cleaned is on the first floor it takes less time to bring the equipment there than bringing the equipment to the 10th or 15th floor. Also if the cleaners have to strip/wax the hallway that has carpet on the sides, they need to tape off the carpeted area to make sure that no solution ends up on the carpet. This requires additional time and brings the price of floor cleaning services up.
4) Stripping and waxing or scrubbing and recoating? You may receive a lower price from a cleaning contractor, but is he actually going to strip the floor or scrub it? There a big difference between these too. When stripping you take all the wax off from the floor to the bare floor and then you have to apply 4-5 coats of wax to it. When scrubbing, you remove only the top 1-2 coats of wax from the floor and apply 1-2 coats of floor finish to the floor. Stripping and waxing usually takes at least twice as much time as scrubbing and recoating, cheap moncler jackets online so when you receive a much lower price make sure to find out if this price is for stripping/waxing or just scrubbing and recoating.
5) Moving furniture. If the cleaning company has to move the furniture (tables, chairs, mats etc) before/after the job, the price is usually higher up to 20 %. So in order to save money, do all the moving inhouse.
6) Wax buildup. When there is a lot of old wax on the floor cleaners may have to strip it a few times, therefore additional products and labor have to be used.
7) Stripping and waxing baseboards. Do you want a cleaning company to strip and wax baseboards? If yes, you should know that it is a very time consuming job to do and it's also reflected in the price which becomes higher.
8) Edge work. The more edges in the room, the more time the cleaning company has to spend using doodlebugs and scrapers in order to remove wax edges and corners and prices go up.
9) Number of finish coats. The more coats are put on the floor, the higher the price.
10) Type of floor. Is the floor new or old? It's usually easy to strip the new floor therefore the prices are lower for stripping new floor. Older floor may have been neglected or may have a lot of wax buildup on it and stripping it will require additional time. The price for stripping older floor may be higher.
11) Staining of the floor. If there are a lot of stains on the floor like rust, pain or if there are a lot of deep scratches or gum additional time is needed to scrape them off with scrapers. Additional detail cleaning will bring the price up.
12) Fixtures to work around. If there are a lot of fixtures that are staying in the room (refrigerators, furniture, equipment) during stripping/waxing, cleaning company will have to spend additional time working around them or moving them and the price may be higher.
13) Type of products used during stripping/waxing. Some cleaning companies may charge you less for floor stripping/waxing services, but it may be only because they use cheap products. But cheap products have a lot of downsides, cheap floor finishes tend to become yellow and wear off much faster. Another company may charge you a little more, but they may be using better products that maintain the appearance of your floor and last longer. So for example, you can pay one company $ 500 for the job, but because of their cheap products you will have to re-wax in 4 months. Another company may charge you $ 550, but because of good products you may not have to re-wax for 6 month instead of 4. Using the second company will be more cost efficient for you in the long run. Always find out what floor finishes are used for the job. Hillyard and Johnson floor finishes are the best floor finishes on the market these days.
14) Location of janitor closet. During the stripping/waxing job cleaning companies need to travel from their working area to the janitor closet very often in order to get water, empty wet vacuum etc. Where is the janitor closet located? If it's far from the working area cleaners will spend a lot of time just moving back and forth and the prices may be higher.
15) Number of electric outlets in the floor. If there are a lot of electric outlets in the floor cleaners will need to tape them so the stripping solution/water doesn't get there. It requires additional time and brings the prices up.
16) One time cleaning or service contract. If you are using the cleaning company for just a one-time job, you may expect higher prices. However, if you have a maintenance contract (like buffing the floor once per month of scrubbing/recoating services once a quarter) with a cleaning company you can ask for a discount. Also you can expect a discount if you are using a company that already provides commercial cleaning services to your building (example - regular janitorial services 3/5 days per week).
Posts: 59 | From: fujian | Registered: Dec 2011
| IP: Logged |