CLICK HERE NOW FOR CUSTOM CDGs
This Link will open a new window to the only legal source for Sound Choice brand custom CDGs.

Search The Sound Choice Store: Go Advanced search
Sound Choice - SoundBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | directory | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Sound Choice - SoundBoard » Customer Service » MediaCloq 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MediaCloq 2006
waynec
Member # 1932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for waynec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So SC doesn't want to discuss this. They closed the topic.

I am assuming that SC doesn't want KJs to buy their products. Do they want to shut off all those KJs who need to make a single copy or transfer their songs to a computer? SC, why not tell ALL the KJs that make a copy for their own use not to buy your disks!

With over 13,000 different songs on all original disks (with many repeats between disks) will equal well over 1,500 disks. The hauling them around is not the problem. It is having the space to put them out for my selection when I get to a location. Some locations have very limited space. I set up in a 6'x5' space which can be overwhelming for many locations as it is, especially homes but public locations too. Having to bring, say, 1,500 to 2,000 disks (or even more) would require much more space and make many locations unusable for karaoke.

I do not have the "location space" to bring disks where I only need one or two songs from a disk (and there are a lot of them, including many SC disks I have purchased to get the songs I want).

I doubt very much that SC is concerned about those who make one copy for their use and never, ever offer them to others. They say they are publicly but in reality, they are likely not that concerned about that. They know that their problem is not those who make one copy of disks they buy but those who make multiple copies or post them on the Internet for others to download.

Is SC saying that KJs should not buy their disks? KJs have unique needs that consumers do not. One of which is to provide a professional service to their customers. Although I am not doing so, I see no problem with KJs transferring their songs to a computer as long as they do it from disks they own and only make a copy for their own use.

I think that most KJs are buying their songs and not obtaining them free from others. Or giving or selling them to others. I think most KJs appreciate the songs being made available for them to use and show that appreciate that by buying them and not abusing them.

Now for the public at large, that is a different story. SC should be concerned with the rampant "consumer" misuse of their songs.

The suggestion that I just download songs on the Internet is offensive. Is that what you want me to do? Not pay for the songs I get? Is this what SC would like me to do?

For the record, I have never, and will never, download any copyrighted work off the Internet or get copies from anywhere else. I buy ALL my songs and will always continue to do so. Your suggestion will not be followed.

Those who are complaining about my comments are those whom SC "took care of" in the past and they no longer have any problems. I bet many of them also have done what I have done, made a copy for their use only. I doubt many KJs haul around their original disks (but obviously some do and those are the ones who will reply and say they do it).

I am a fairly recent SC customer and should be "taken care of" just like those who have been customers for years. If they replaced them for free in the past they should continue to do so in the future, especially since they say it is only an "occasional" request now.

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BC/Studio Manager
Administrator
Member # 217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BC/Studio Manager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not interested in fomenting or facilitating yet another discussion about copying discs, legal issues and the same whatnot that has been done to death since 2000 - that's why the other thread closed. If that starts to happen here, this thread will just be deleted.

/////

Having said that, have at it. You've gotten an answer from Customer Service, and you got the same answer here. No matter how much you keep shopping for the answer you want, to both our discs and your rationalizations about the copying/legality issues, the reality isn't changing for either.

But you can post the same complaint again, if that makes you feel better. For anyone who hasn't read this the first time around, here's the URL:

http://www.soundchoice.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000066

Posts: 4262 | From: Charlotte, N.C., USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightshow
Member # 1141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightshow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wayne, just send the discs in for the $5.95 per disc, and in the FUTURE, check with the person selling the disc if they have the "tilting snowman" mediacloq image on the disc. If they do, you're in the same boat.

--------------------
Matt

Posts: 3332 | From: Independence, mo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynec
Member # 1932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for waynec     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some disks are not marked as such on the outside of the jewel box! There is no indication of it until the box is already opened.
Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TTowntenor
Member # 1186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TTowntenor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could just go legit & not burn the discs.

--------------------
If there was any justice in this world, oil company executive bathrooms would smell like the ones in their gas stations.

Posts: 234 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timberlea
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timberlea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be too easy. We have probably 1,600+ discs with over 22,000 titles. They're in jewel cases in boxes three drawers to a box. They're rolled in on a dolly, (I love the person who invented the device) and never have to lift them (we also carry a ramp). Here is a link to our set up.

http://www.karaoke-forum.com/album_personal.php?user_id=724

In the 15-16 years of doing this, the only discs he had to replace was the KJTools set (sorry BC for the name brand) and it was for two discs with a scratch on one song each. They were in service from almost the beginning and used almost in every show (4,600+) They're almost as popular as SC. And we've set up on some pretty small stages.

[ February 23, 2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Timberlea ]

Posts: 377 | From: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJ Plat
Member # 1906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ Plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly, with so many KJ's going digital, you can understand if people are skeptical of your story. I am in the same boat as you with most of my new Sound Choice karaoke disc purchases taking place in the last year. I AM carrying around 9678 songs with 3000 duplicates. You make space in order to stay legit. Finally, you could just go ahead and carry those MediaCloq discs around with you rather than copying them or creating a scene when they have already given you the same answer several times.
Posts: 49 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonman
Member # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also make the 1/2 size jewel cases too, 2 discs fit into a disc space thus doubling the storage capacity of your carrying cases without needing more space.

--------------------
Lonman Productions

We don't entertain you, you entertain EVERYONE!!!

Visit my MySpace site
http://www.myspace.com/lonmanpro
or Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lonmanpro

Posts: 1845 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJ Mad Maxx
Member # 317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ Mad Maxx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what you're not getting about the $5.95 price is it's shipping AND HANDLING. SC has to pay people for their time to take the orders, pack up new discs and ship them out. They don't work for free. Just use the discs. If you're careful they wont get screwed up.

[ February 23, 2006, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: DJ Mad Maxx ]

--------------------
Karaoke at it's Finest
26,000+ Unduplicated songs and growing
www.djmadmaxx.com
www.facebook.com/djmadmaxx

Posts: 1898 | From: DuBois, PA | Registered: Jun 1997  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flameslayer
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flameslayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This doesn't apply to all, but, remember when a "junior member" would get "lippy" we'd just smack 'em around a little and they'd remember their manners/etiquette?
Posts: 902 | From: Joliet,IL.USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightshow
Member # 1141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightshow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMFAO!!  -

--------------------
Matt

Posts: 3332 | From: Independence, mo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanJ
Member # 43

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by waynec:

The suggestion that I just download songs on the Internet is offensive. Is that what you want me to do? Not pay for the songs I get? Is this what SC would like me to do?

I think you misread what I said, or I didn't say it well enough. Buy the disc. If it has mediacloq on it, somebody else has already cracked it. So download it from them, and make your compilation. It's the same effect, and same legality, as if you bought the disc and copied it yourself.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 2367 | From: London, Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TTowntenor
Member # 1186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TTowntenor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DanJ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by waynec:
[qb] It's the same effect, and same legality, as if you bought the disc and copied it yourself.

Well the same "illegality" that should be.

--------------------
If there was any justice in this world, oil company executive bathrooms would smell like the ones in their gas stations.

Posts: 234 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanJ
Member # 43

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but if he's already convinced himself using burns is legal, then he shouldn't have a problem with downloading to make those burns, since he doesn't know how to copy the MQ discs.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 2367 | From: London, Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karaokegod73
Member # 1897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karaokegod73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Sound Choice using Media Cloq again? I thought it was only on a few disks (I got a few that had it and then it stopped being used, at least for a short time).
Posts: 23 | From: CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJ Mad Maxx
Member # 317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ Mad Maxx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, i dont think they have. Many dealers may still have some stock with Mediacloq on them

--------------------
Karaoke at it's Finest
26,000+ Unduplicated songs and growing
www.djmadmaxx.com
www.facebook.com/djmadmaxx

Posts: 1898 | From: DuBois, PA | Registered: Jun 1997  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Retroboy
Member # 2087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retroboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My main problem with MediaCloq is that home DVD players with CDG capabilities do not play these discs.

It then does not become a copying issue, ir any issue other than someone who buys the CD for personal use cannot use it. I was most disappointed that two of the discs I absolutely love to sing from (Hits of John Mellencamp and Three Of a Kind - Bon Jovi, Def Lep, Whitesnake) can't be played here at home.

[ September 18, 2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Retroboy ]

Posts: 114 | From: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Sound Choice Store | Privacy Statement

©1999-2011 Sound Choice