CLICK HERE NOW FOR CUSTOM CDGs
This Link will open a new window to the only legal source for Sound Choice brand custom CDGs.

Search The Sound Choice Store: Go Advanced search
Sound Choice - SoundBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | directory | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Sound Choice - SoundBoard » KJ Forum » How are you different from other KJs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How are you different from other KJs?
jfactor1
Member # 1750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jfactor1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes you stand out from your competition?

Great sound system?
Huge library?
Big light show?
Your personality?

Here is how a KJ I know in Long Island is trying something new to separate himself from other KJs in his area.

quote:
I told them I would mix the karaoke and music videos, play music videos when there were no singers for fill, and would RARELY sing, only to break the ice if need be. I would also have the next singers name on the TV so they would be close when it's their turn. Bar ads would be up between singers too
Keep in mind he's going to be using a projector and a big screen for this. His first gig with this setup is next month.

Maybe it will work, but maybe it won't. Either way he's definitely thinking outside the box.

--------------------
Jay Balliet
www.thehitmandj.com

www.ourdjtalk.com

Posts: 27 | From: Northern, MI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GeminimALE
Member # 1568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GeminimALE   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like hes looking ahead. too many of the karaoke shows around are the same.....I added fog and bubbles and change the look to my whole show...the singer can choose what effects they want during their song...im even thinking about adding costumes and props
Posts: 797 | From: Salina,KS | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
man1000voices
Member # 2111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for man1000voices   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the same type of progressive thinking that we incorporate in our shows that sets us apart from "cattle call", run-of-the-mill karaoke shows.

We run music videos, I perform, at times, as customed characters (Rick James, James Brown, etc.), props for audience members, effects, etc.

The videos are really cool because people enjoy seeing not only the new songs and artists, but stuff they may not have seen in a long time.

Posts: 19 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ67
Member # 3433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christ67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Third nipple.

NO really it boils down to KJ personality, an ear for sound, and ability to read (manipulate) your crowd. Everything else is just window dressing.
Make the party happen wherever you are.

Posts: 27 | From: MIdwest | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Christopher
Member # 14797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Christopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

YOU make your show stand out from the others. the KJ IS the show... it's not the necessarily the music, the system, the bar ... it's a great mix of all of them but if YOU aren't liked, you'll never survive the business.

Jason

--------------------
Jason Christopher
Want To Learn How To Grow An Outrageously Profitable KJ Business And Put An Iron Cage Around Your Customers? Visit www.makemoneywithkaraoke.com today.

Posts: 10 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrBoo
Member # 1970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrBoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the host of the bar. I interact with not only the singers, but the regular patrons as well. I keep my show moving by going to visit the next singer to let them know and to make sure we are on the same page. I also am into each song and paying attention (except for the few seconds I visit with the next singer), clapping and giving the singers high fives. Sometimes WE are the only ones giving positive feedback. I try to foster singing as FUN and not an audition to American idol. I sing in almost every rotation and my crowds do not mind at all. The main reason I do is because almost everything I do is requested from either regular patrons or singers.

I also keep my regulars informed via text messages and FB updates. They take pictures all the time and I am going to start a pic contest each week. I'll buy the winner a drink and the voting is by the fans on my FB page.

Mainly, I love doing this. I would do it for free but that would be nuts since I can still get $175 a weekend show.. LOL.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Sound Choice Store | Privacy Statement

©1999-2011 Sound Choice